Choosing to do more of what makes us happy leads to more happiness. It’s just that simple. Everyone wants to be happy in life, but not everyone makes the choice every day to be happy, or to choose to do things that will bring them more happiness. Here are 5 things that will make baby boomers happier:
- When we think about today and only today, we are going to be happier people. Thinking of the past can bring on sadness, while thinking of the future can make us feel anxious. Focus on today, keep it one day at a time, and you will enjoy the ride more.
- Research shows that only a small portion of baby boomers get enough exercise, yet it’s necessary for overall health. When you exercise, it also releases endorphins in your brain, which are feel-good chemicals. This makes you happy, so be sure to spend 30-60 minutes every day getting exercise.
- Spending time in nature provides a lot of benefits, including making us happier people. Whether you hit the beach or a trail in the woods, getting weekly nature time is important to our mental health.
- Connecting. Find the things that you like to do and make sure you connect with them regularly. Whether it’s reading, golfing, surfing, or attending old car shows, make a point to do what it is that makes you happy.
- People who have strong relationships and ties with others in the community tend to be happier. This is a good reason to make friends, socialize, and get out more.
Granted, buying a convertible Corvette and driving around feeling the air in your hair will bring happiness, too. You have to find the things that make you happy and will bring more happiness in your life, and then make a point to do them. It may differ slightly for everyone, but everyone has things that will make them happy!>/div>